Re: Scim and iceweasel

On 06/07/10 05:53 PM, Lisi wrote:

> I may not have time to do this tomorrow - and must get myself to bed now
> before I fall asleep at the keyboard.  :-(   But I'll do it in the
> foreseeable future.
>
> Lisi

I just reinstalled my system (replace a faulty hard disk). Regarding
scim, I installed these:
 dpkg -l '*s[ck]im*' | grep ^i
ii  libscim8c2a                              1.4.9-2
       library for SCIM platform
ii  libskim0                                 1.4.5-4.1
       skim runtime library
ii  scim                                     1.4.9-2
       smart common input method platform
ii  scim-bridge-agent                        0.4.16-2
       IME server of scim-bridge communicate with S
ii  scim-bridge-client-gtk                   0.4.16-2
       IME server of scim-bridge communicate with S
ii  scim-gtk2-immodule                       1.4.9-2
       GTK+2 input method module with SCIM as backe
ii  scim-m17n                                0.2.3-1
       M17N Input Method Engine for SCIM
ii  scim-modules-socket                      1.4.9-2
       socket modules for SCIM platform
ii  skim                                     1.4.5-4.1
       smart common input method platform for KDE

Now I have the skim applet on my KDE panel but I am not able to switch
the languages. I have done no other modifications in any files though. I
was hoping that using scim (in KDE, using skim?) would be quite
straightforward. Could you show some insights on how to get it to work
in KDE, hopefully without having to edit any text files?

Thanks.

ever having been read.