Re: why don't scanner permissions get assigned correctly ?

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:35:48 -0400
Alan Greenberger <alanjg@ptd.net> wrote:

> On 2010-07-10, <briand@aracnet.com> <briand@aracnet.com> wrote:
> > My scanner, a very old epson, shows up in dmesg:
> >
> > Processor         EPSON    GT-9700          1.03 PQ: 0 ANSI: 4
> > scsi 11:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 3
>
> Try running sane-find-scanner (in package sane-utils).

found SCSI processor "EPSON GT-9700 1.03" at /dev/sg1

I'm not clear on how this helps.

It seems like dmesg showed that it was being detected, the problem
seems to be the udev is not assigning the correct permissions.

Brian