Re: newly installed KDE: don't want Nautilus window when USB memory inserted

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 19:06:14 -0400, H.S. wrote:

> On a newly installed KDE on a Testing system, I notice that when I
> connect a USB flash stick memory, it automatically opens in a Nautilus
> window.
>
> On the previously installed system, the Nautilus window did not open and
> only the removable device notifier for KDE popped up a message saying
> that a memory stick has been inserted. I could then click on the
> memory's icon and it would then open in dolphin browser. How do I get
> this behavior back (and prevent the Nautilus browser from automatically
> opening)?

If you've got GNOME installed, open a GNOME session and launch "config
editor". Navigate to "Desktop/gnome/volume manager" (in Squeeze, the
location of these keys may vary) and uncheck:

[ ] Autobrowse

And maybe:

[ ] Auto-mount drives
[ ] Auto-mount media