Re: linux twitter client that does search?

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 08:49:14PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 02:45:36PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > Is there a twitter client that will give me recent tweets containing a
> > certain hashtag? The twitter site itself has become unusable because of
> > that scrolling marquee.
>
> I maintain choqok for debian.  It's a good, featureful client for
> twitter and identi.ca.  It's written for KDE, but should work elsewhere.
> It's not in lenny, but is in testing and unstable.

Looks like that would do the job but anytime I try to install/upgrade a
kde program, aptitude wants to remove half the kde system. I just gave
aptitude a list of all the kde programs available for upgrade and the
result was '95 packages upgraded, 153 newly installed, 56 to remove'
including the removal of kde-core.

Maybe one of these days I'll feel comfortable letting aptitude do what
it wants with kde.

--
"How is it that hardly any religion has looked at science and concluded,
 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our