RE: Debian Network install disk doesn't find NIC

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:14:07 -0400 <From: titan8990@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Try the kmuto[1] installers. They have up-to-date kernels that are more
> likely to support new hardware. If that is the case, just install the
> lenny-backports kernel after installation is complete.
>

> [1] http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

I would be interested in know how that goes. The other option would be to use the debian installation media you already have and:

1) to install with no network card and you may get some module for using ethernet over firewire
2) then copy over the e1000e src tarball download from intel's website from a usb drive or other medium
3) install the build-essentials and kernel headers
4) uncompress the e1000e src tarball and compile the kernel module for your network card.

-M

Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!