No sound in Debian GNU/Linux Lenny 5.0.5

Hi all!

Since yesterday I've noticed I've been without sound on Debian GNU/Linux
Lenny 5.0.5. I was using a 2.6.32-bpo.2-686 kernel. While I am not sure
if the problem was after an update, I tried connecting to pci audio card
both speakers and headset, and in any case I have no sound. I did the
same test connecting the headset and speakers to another onboard audio
card and get the same result.

This is something strange because it is difficult to simultaneously have
broken the two cards or both headset and speakers. Then it makes me
think that might have broken something to do with ALSA.

I also did the same tests as above with a stable kernel 2.6.26-2-686 and
I get the same results, which gives more strength to my hypothesis.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37