Re: local specification of init script dependencies

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:54:33 +1200, Ian Goodacre wrote:

> I have recently installed squeeze and need to adjust init script
> dependencies so my database starts before my web server. I could edit
> the headers in the init scripts, but I would rather leave them managed
> by the packages. Is there a place for me to put my local adjustments to
> the dependencies?

I'm not sure how to achieve this in Debian.

At openSUSE I let "insserv" to manage this by reading the init script
header and adjusting the priorities and dependencies accordingly. Then
one just had to re-add the service by calling "insserv script_name" and
the script was populated "automagically".

But in Debian it seems the number set in filename of the init scripts it
is used to establish the sequence order for launching the services.

***
9.3 System run levels and init.d scripts
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-sysvinit
***

Greetings,

--