Re: corrupted firmware-linux-nonfree 0.26

On 2010-07-07 23:40 +0200, Paul Scott wrote:

> Admitting I don't know the whole process well enough:  Is it possible
> that the installing of firmware-linux-nonfree somehow doesn't properly
> download the agere*.bin as described in this thread?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/315489

If you use apt to install the package, it will detect if the package is
corrupt and refuse to install it.  If you download the package with a
browser and use dpkg to install it, then such corruption may go
unnoticed, however.

> As I mention in my email at 2:30 putting agere_sta_fw.bin in
> /lib/firmware does change the behavior of my wireless card.

You can run "debsums firmware-linux-nonfree" and reinstall the package
if necessary.

Sven