Re: wifi obtaining IP address

On 07/06/2010 09:29 PM, Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:04:22 -0700
Paul Scott<waterhorse@ultrasw.com>  wrote:

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 11:54:30PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 20:42:24 -0700
Paul Scott<waterhorse@ultrasw.com>  wrote:

On 07/06/2010 08:28 PM, Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:59:11 -0700
Paul Scott<waterhorse@ultrasw.com>   wrote:

Okay, the card reports that it's connected.  What's the output of 'iwconfig eth2'?

iwconfig:

eth2      IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"bliss"
            Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.457 GHz  Access Point: None
            Bit Rate:11 Mb/s   Sensitivity:1/0

I can't be sure, since different drivers behave differently, and I have
no experience with the Orinoco / Hermes, but generally, this means that
the card isn't associated with the AP.  When it is, you should see
"Acess Point: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx", with the hex digits of the AP's
address.

Okay, try bringing the card down, then back up (ifconfig down, ifconfig
up), and then trying to associate manually (iwconfig ethX essid nnnn),
see if it associates, and if not, see the logs.

Ok.  I think the key in the logs is

eth2: Lucent/Agere firmware doesn't support manual roaming

According to other research I have done the firmware seems to be a corrupted version from the last update. I will try going back to the previous version since I can't seem to find a corrected file which is supposed to be available various places online.

Thanks,

Paul