Re: Deterring mail relay attempts

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 21:08 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I would like to cause as much disruption to these guys as possible.

I'd happily drop packets to save bandwidth, and load on my MTA, but I'd
think twice about that reason.

My understanding is that most spam comes from compromised home machines
these days - so the person getting disrupted is some poor sucker whose
machine is compromised, not the actual offender.

Dropping packets may save _them_ bandwidth as well, so as I say, I'd
happily do it :-)

Richard