Re: audio CDs and cdrdao vs. cdparanoia

On 7/5/2010 3:43 PM, Urs Thuermann wrote:
Now my question is where these [CD-rip] differences come from and
which results are the correct (better) ones.

Audio CDs live in a world where there is no guarantee that any two
passes across a "sector" will ever give the same result. For one thing,
there is no error correction. Give up the idea of getting a correct, or
"perfect", rip; it's theoretically impossible.

Oh, I forgot. One more thing (and sorry to keep flooding the list replying to myself): There is an analog output and a digital output, and they are not equal. Your CD-drive or DVD-drive will treat them differently, and that conceivably may make a difference for you.

I'm sorry, I cannot offer advice about what, if anything, to do with the analog output, but since you are probably only interested in the digital output, anyway, it's just as well.