Re: SATA disk detected as IDE? SOLVED

On Du, 04 iul 10, 15:01:35, Paul E Condon wrote:

> But now I'm looking at debian.org and having difficulty figuring out
> what to do to get my /usr/src/linux directory created and
> populated. Can someone recommend a howto for deb-src?

The Linux kernel is special, because the source is packaged as a regular
package, named linux-source-<version>. Just install that. You may also
want to install the corresponding linux-doc-<version> package.

> Is there a
> distinction between sid and testing in deb-src?

Of course. The deb-src lines should be analogue to your regular deb
lines, but beware: by default 'apt-get source <package>' will get the
source for the most recent version regardless of any kind of pinning.

Regards,
Andrei