Re: SATA disk detected as IDE? SOLVED

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh put forth on 7/2/2010 9:24 PM:
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>>> software...  What is NCQ? (in this context, of course) What is
>
> A way to have various requests "in flight" and let the disk itself order
> them to get "better" performance.  Whether it helps performance or not
> depends on the IO workload, the kind of device, and the quality of the NCQ
> firmware in the device.
>
>>> "ATA_NCQ_HORKAGE list"? The only hit that I get on this string in Google
>
> It is a blacklist for defective products that misbehave when NCQ is
> enabled, or which have such a poor excuse of an NCQ implementation that one
> should never enable it.

You mangled your quoting.  I didn't ask these questions, another OP did.  I
answered them.  Or, at least, someone else answered the first and I answered
the second.  And again, it's not "ATA_NCQ_HORKAGE" but rather
"ATA_HORKAGE_NONCQ".  No real foul.  I'm just correcting the record for the
various archives.

--
Stan