Re: suspend to disk unreliable?

On Sunday 04 July 2010 17:14:07 lee wrote:
> It's ppl using computers and running software on them; computers don't
> run all by themselves, just like cars. Same is with refrigerators: You
> don't get a certificate telling you exactly which goods you may put
> into your fridge. But you expect your frigde to keep your goods cool,
> and if it doesn't, you return it. It's just a piece of hardware, and,
> again, it's that simple.

Guarantees in this country (England - and I mean England, not GB or UK) always
specify that the object must not have been misused, and misuse of various
types annul the warranty.  I do not know about Germany, but here the
shop/firm would be likely to say that installing Linux counts as misuse, or
at any rate is not covered, and would in all probability have no difficulty
persuading both Trading Standards Officers and the courts to agree with them.

Lisi