Re: suspend to disk unreliable?

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:40:32 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 04:00:57PM +0000, Camale�n wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:11:03 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>             .........snip.........
>
>> > And who would buy a car that comes with a certificate that only the
>> > ppl named in the certificate are allowed to use it and that otherwise
>> > the car might break down and any warranty is forfeited?
>>
>> Anyone here will :-)
>
> Excuse me but are you *really* saying that anyone "there" would buy a
> car that only certain people can operate without voiding the warranty?
> Where is there?

Is not the "people" who drives the car but the "use" that people do with
the car. You are buying a product that has been probed, tested and
certified to be driven under certain conditions, it cannot cover all the
situations.

Anyway, I would like to see the open source car but still not found it.

And the same remains with computers and linux. No one of the systems I
manage are certified fot running Debian (nor any other version of a linux
distribution), so if something does not work, I cannot go crying to each
manufacturer an tell them: "hey, your hardware does not work in Debian",
they'll just reply me "hey, we only certified our product for windows
system, we do not even know what is that 'Debian' thing...".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón