Re: automatically removing commercials from recorded movies

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 11:21:40AM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 04:34:43PM +0200, lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what do you use to automatically remove commercials from movies
> > recorded with a TV card? I know mythtv can do it, but I don't like
> > mythtv.
> >
> Personally, I'd just use MythTV.  But if you want to do it yourself,
> avidemux has a "next black frame" button.  I know that's one of the
> methods MythTV uses to detect commercials.  This might get you started.

The problem with avidemux is that it is unable to keep the sound
synchronized with the movie. So I'm using dvbcut which doesn't have
this problem. But it's tedious to cut out all the commercials manually

> And if avidemux has this feature, mplayer/mencoder probably has it too.

Hm, any idea how to make use of that? I couldn't find anything to that
in the manpage. It has even been impossible to create a channels.conf
for mplayer ...