Re: automatically removing commercials from recorded movies

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 04:34:43PM +0200, lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you use to automatically remove commercials from movies
> recorded with a TV card? I know mythtv can do it, but I don't like
> mythtv.

Personally, I'd just use MythTV.  But if you want to do it yourself,
avidemux has a "next black frame" button.  I know that's one of the
methods MythTV uses to detect commercials.  This might get you started.

And if avidemux has this feature, mplayer/mencoder probably has it too.

-Rob