Re: Connecting to the exterior network is impossible `directly'

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:32:53 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> For some PC at the university, I need Internet access, but this can't be
> achieved directly. That is, I can habitually view web pages, but I first
> need to introduce my credentials to the login webpage. Introducing these
> credentials is mandatory to have full Internet access. How could I tell
> other programs (i.e. scripts using the Internet, etc.) to use these
> credentials (in some way)?

You mean a proxy?

For GUI apps, you will need to setup wide proxy settings under your DE
(GNOME?).

For command line utilities, such "wget", it should be already
contemplated by the program itself so there must an option to pass
credentials ("man program-to-use" for details) :-P.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón