Re: caught flatfooted with a 2wire gateway model 4011G

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 17:49:58 Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> [...]

When you get access via your browser.  If you can't find the IP you need to
navigate to in the manual, then try the two suggested by Andrei.  If you are
lucky, the first guess will be the right one!

Once in to your modem/router's web interface, there is likely to be a
connection wizard that will ask for those details.  You will also need the
admin name and default password for the modem router, which should be in the
manual and/or on the base of the router.

Once in, you can turn wireless off and change the default password.

HTH
Lisi