Re: caught flatfooted with a 2wire gateway model 4011G

On Qua, 30 Jun 2010, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Thanks Eduardo, but why does the ´manual´ tell me to have my userid and password ready? When and where are those entered? Of course the package came with a windows CD that you are supposed to run.

Unless it's a weird device (I could not find it's specs anywhere, so I'm doing some guesswork here), it has a web interface. Probably it uses 192.168.0.1 or a similar IP address.

If you connect your computer to it and it gets an IP address via DHCP, run /sbin/route and look for the Gateway address of the default route. Then point your browser to it and you should see the web interface.

--
And I alone am returned to wag the tail.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br