Re: Misleading Debian's installer choice

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:12:40PM +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> > Huh?  There isn't a difference.  Or, at least you are going to have
> > to be a bit more explicit about what you want told to not-new users.

> > The partition containing your file system mounted at '/' does not
> > contain the data stored in the file system mount at '/home'.
> > (Assuming you have a separate file system mounted at '/home'.)

> Sure, but that's not my point of view when I install the thing.  This
> must be related to me. :)

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here.  When you are
installing the system, you have in mind how it is going to be used, and
what file systems you are setting up on which partitions.  What do you
want the installer to tell you?  How is the installer supposed to know
how you are planning to use your available disk space?

Cheers,
Tom

--
The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through
three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry, and