Re: how to set up a wireless access point

On 28/06/10 01:54 PM, lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can someone point me to a good documentation about what's needed to
> make it so that computers can connect to my computer wirelessly?
>
> I've got a wireless network card which I'm thinking of putting back
> into my computer so that I can use the router as a modem only and have
> my computer do the firewalling/routing for the LAN via the wireless
> network card.

First you need to make sure that your wireless card has the ability to
act as an access point. Next, you need to find which Linux driver
supports that card (madwifi or hostapd are my best bet). Then the final
step is just configure that card using the relevant driver.

As an example, I have DLink DWL-G520 card working as an AP in my linux
router machine (running Debian). I am using hostapd as the driver.

ever having been read.