Re: Need dependency bug workaround for pulseaudio.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:36, John W Foster <jfoster81747@verizon.net> wrote:
> I need dependency bug workaround for pulseaudio. I'm getting this error
> when I try to install pulseaudio.
>

> pulseaudio:
>  Depends: libpulse0 (=0.9.21-1) but 0.9.21-1.2+b1 is to be installed
>  Recommends: pulseaudio-module-x11 but it is not going to be installed
>  Recommends: pulseaudio-esound-compat but it is not going to be
> installed

I'd just use aptitude in interactive mode. I've never seen the point of trying
to fiddle around with unusual dependency situations on the CLI when TUI
mode is available.

Also, it may just be a partially updated mirror issue - when you updated,
it had received some, but not all of the new PA packages. Update again
and try again in that case.

I would install  pulseaudio-module-x11 and pulseaudio-esound-compat
as well.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers