Re: Compiling kernel took a lot of disk space.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:20:05 -0400 (EDT), Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> Op 28-06-10 13:12, Tzafrir Cohen schreef:

>>> That doesn't stop me from using my real name ;)
>>
>> Though English people have no problem pronouncing your name.
>>
>> So I guess we're still looking for an example of a non-English name
>> that can't be pronounced right. Can't think of any.
>
> Well, each name *can* in principle be pronounced right. Yet, non-Dutch
> people have a hard time with my name.
>
> Sjoerd (pronounced a bit like 'should' with an r instead of an l.
> Somehow that's very difficult)

These are all interesting points, but they are all irrelevant to e-mail.
In an e-mail, one doesn't need to be able to pronounce a name.  One only
needs to be able to copy and paste.  Thus, the justification of the
use of a pseudonym on the grounds that other people can't pronounce it
right is not a valid one for the e-mail media.

My own name, Stephen, though an English name in an English-speaking
country, and a name that appears in the Holy Bible,
has often been mispronounced as "Steffan" instead of "Steven".
But I still use my real name in e-mails.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :