Re: repositories for AMD 64 apps

John W Foster:

> TO ALL: anyone that knows of ANY applications, drivers, that are
> designed to run in native 64bit AMD architecture especially those with
> GPLed source code available...

What exactly are you looking for? The complete Debian archive is
available for pure AMD64. I am running Debian AMD64 on two machines at
home.

> […] Its a real shame that I waited 5 years to build a proper 64bit
> system then I discover there is VERY little native 64bit software
> available.

Again, please be specific about what you are missing. The Linux kernel,
the GNU userland, KDE, Gnome, Firefox/Iceweasel, OpenOffice.org, The
Gimp etc. are all available as native AMD64 binaries.

J.
--
Thy lyrics in pop songs seem to describe my life uncannily accurately.
[Agree]   [Disagree]