Re: Which version for CPU Intel Double Cores 64bits ?

Hi,

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010, Amrit Panesar <apanesar@4195tech.com> writes:
> The AMD64 dist. would probably be the best for you
> You can find the latest amd64 ISOs on the Debian Site.
> http://www.debian.com/CD/http-ftp/

Shouldn't he be using ia64 port instead? In here[1], for ia64, it writes
that

  First officially released with Debian 3.0. This is a port to Intel's
  first 64-bit architecture. Note: this should not be confused with the
  latest Intel 64-bit extensions for Pentium 4 and Celeron processors,
  called EM64T; for these, see the AMD64 port.

and AFAIK, ULV SU4100[2] is not of type EM64T.

Regards.

[1] http://www.debian.org/ports/
[2] http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=43568