Re: New amd64 system needs flash player

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 10:31 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:52:17 -0500, John W Foster wrote:
>
> > I just built a new squeeze amd64 system. I need a flash player to run
> > some games. I can not get the testing dist to download and install from
> > adobe. gnash does NOT work at all. adobe currently does not support
> > their own native 64 bit apps. Does anybody know of a site with a native
> > 64 bit app for this.
>
> If got that file ("libflashplayer.so", pure 64-bits) installed in my
> system (it's about 9.1 MiB and *is vulnerable* to some recently
> discovered flaws which were not corrected for version "10.0.45.2").
>
> Anyway, I can send it to you by e-mail, but I hope you understand the
> risks involved in using this plugin.
>
> > BTW: the squeeze installer craps out and says the
> > attempted download is the wrong architecture. Thanks!
>
> To install Adobe "Flash-crap-Player" 32 bits plugin on a 64 bits system -
> now that there is no 64-bits version available at Adobe site-, you can
> install "nspluginwrapper" that will pull and install the required 32-bits
> compat libraries.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Thanks send it & I,ll look at it. I have what is 'supposed' to be a pure
64 bit libflahplayer.so that I got from Ubuntu. It will not install. I
tried just placing the lib in ~/lib64 but that did not work. I welcome
any possible solutions. If you have it working where did you place the
lib so that Iceweasel etc. could find it??