Re: Compiling kernel took a lot of disk space.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:55:41 -0400 (EDT), Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:

> I am using debian unstable 64. Recently I wanted to compile a 2.6.34 kernel.
> Well, the source package is 64MB. Before `make-kpkg linux-image
> linux-headers --initrd` finished, the source directory took 6GB space,
> made the volume full.
> Tried a few times, the problem is still there, and always the same.
> What should I do? Thanks.

Magicloud Magiclouds?  That can't be your real name!
Can't you give us your real name?  At least a first name?

That is not the correct command syntax.  I suggest that you read

   http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm

Kernel building in Debian is a complex task fraught with many perils,
and this web page will help you avoid most of them.  It's long and
detailed, but if you follow this procedure you should do well.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :