Re: How 'stable' is squeeze?

On 24/06/10 10:03, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2010-06-24 08:29 +0200, Alan Chandler wrote:

Yesterday, a fix for a problem where you could not make ext2, ext3 or
ext4 filesystems made it into testing.  This has been around for a few
weeks, and although there is a workaround using the updated version
from SID, all the installation CDs from the weekly builds have not yet
caught up.

This can be worked around by using a daily snapshot of the installer:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/

Worked fine for me in qemu three days ago.

Unfortunately for me, these images did not recognise all my hardware, whereas the weekly build full CD image did. They are using the sid installer which is why they have a more up to date version.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk