Re: How 'stable' is squeeze?

Hi, Amar:

On Thursday 24 June 2010 00:26:28 Amar Cosic wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I was thinking about upgrade to squeeze and just want to check if
> everything is OK there? No 'critical' bugs etc.. ? I know a lot of you use
> squeeze so its probably best place to ask

The very people that works day in-day out with it doesn't deem it as
being "Stable" but "Testing", so go figure.

As of today, there's 594 Release-critical bugs*1 concerning the next release
(Squezze to be named "Stable").

If you want to know more about Debian, its current status and its release
cycle, have a look at http://www.debian.org/doc/

*1 Source: http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical