Re: LEMP Development Server

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:42:41 +0800, GNUbie wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just choose your desired mysql admin tool (there are many of them, GUI,
>> command line, web-based... I used to use "phpmyadmin" for this task),
>> then create the users and grant permission to them for managing
>> databases and tables.
>
> You mean, it's possible that a user can create MySQL users, databases,
> tables, etc. anytime they wanted to?

Yep, in fact that is the default virtual hosting setup you can find out
there.

> Likewise, they can change the MySQL
> configuration, change DB engine, restart the service, and many others
> without affecting the other users?

No. Administrative operations (MySQL upgrades, restart or maintenance
tasks) can be only achieved by the admin of the machine.

MySQL users != MySQL admin user != root

You must decide what _kind of users_ you want to setup and what _kind of
privileges_ the users should have.

:-)

Greetings,

--