Re: LEMP Development Server

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:09:05 +0800, GNUbie wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> LAMP, Linux Apache Mysql PHP
>> http://wiki.debian.org/LaMp
>
> Oh, I'm sorry. I'm using Nginx HTTP server <http://wiki.nginx.org/> by
> the way.

Ah! I thought you said "lamp" and "lamp" tends to involve apache :-)

But anyway, the webserver does not care about mysql "virtual" users, you
have to setup mysql as described in the above link (see "mysql" section).

>> Create only one user with admin rights and the rest with the required/
>> needed privileges so they can "develop" but not "destroy" the DB server
>> :-)
>
> I want to give the users their own "UserDir" or "virtual hosted" kind of
> MySQL (if that's possible) so that if they wanted to create a database,
> add users, etc, they can do it on their own.

Yes, that is possible, regardless the webserver in use.

Just choose your desired mysql admin tool (there are many of them, GUI,
command line, web-based... I used to use "phpmyadmin" for this task),
then create the users and grant permission to them for managing databases
and tables.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón