Re: How to change the console into UTF-8 mode for FreeBSD kernels?

> > It's really annoying if the console isn't in UTF-8 mode as every bit of
> > my system is in Unicode to prevent any compatibility problems.

I run freebsd as my everyday node. Pure ascii is what it has.
Unicode could be seen and written if you use uxterm in graphi-
cal mode. Setting language and keyboard layout might be very
different on debian, so I hesitate to answer for console mode.
The bsd kernel and debian surrounding are not my cup of tea at
this moment. Bsd tribes stick to ascii as possible. I would
avoid to trick the kernel with unicode calls.
Best regards

                                Zoran