Re: UUID in fstab? - Gave Up

On Saturday 19 June 2010 12:57:22 Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 01:15:48PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> <snip>  ...
>
> I deleted the vfat partition and created a new ext2 partition in its
> place.  Ran e2fsck on all of my partitions.  The result was clean in
> every case.  Tried to install linux-base and the installation failed
> with the same dosfslabel message.  Filed bug report.

This is a long shot, but do you have any USB devices attached?  When I went
through this linux-base upgrade on my home system, I kept getting an error
about something being open (I don't remember the exact message).  Running
e2fsck on all the partitions didn't help.  Then I turned of the USB printer
(which has an SDRAM card reader), and the upgrade worked.  Certainly remove
any USB memory sticks.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist III                                             |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           judd@wadsworth.org   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.