Re: Installing from businesscard ISO

On Sunday 20 June 2010 03:03:59 Disc Magnet wrote:
> If I install Debian from a businesscard ISOs, what am I going to miss
> as far as software and packages are concerned? Or does it work like a
> normal CD-1 iso install because it pulls down everything required from
> the Internet?
>
> Is there a way to prevent it from connecting to the internet and in
> that case what would I miss?

The business card iso does not have  much, it sets up a network connection and
downloads everything..so you need a net connection. The netinstall iso has
the base system on it so you have a minimal install to work with, none of
the 'standard' set of packages no X. So CD1 would be useful if you don't have
a net connection.

--
Peace,

Greg