Re: Installing from businesscard ISO

On Sunday 20 June 2010 19:03:59 Disc Magnet wrote:
> If I install Debian from a businesscard ISOs, what am I going to miss
> as far as software and packages are concerned? Or does it work like a
> normal CD-1 iso install because it pulls down everything required from
> the Internet?
>
> Is there a way to prevent it from connecting to the internet and in
> that case what would I miss?

That 40 MB image contains the installer and the installer components (such as
disk modules, etc). It does not contain the base system so you must connect to
the Internet to install Debian. It differs from the netinst image as it does
not contain the base system. The mini image is even smaller without the
installer components so that you must connect to the Internet even to rescue
the system.