RE: make not compiling -- Solved

> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:41:02 +0300
> Subject: Re: make not compiling
> From: eero.volotinen@iki.fi
> To: prakhar_aaidu16@hotmail.com
> CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> 2010/6/18 prakhar gaur <prakhar_aaidu16@hotmail.com>:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > This is my first week with Debian 504. I am using it as a host system to
> > build LFS(Linux From Scratch).
> > I ran a script which checks whether all prerequisites are there on the host
> > system(Debian 504).
> > It gave a lots of not present(eg. gcc, Binutils, Bison, gawk, make)
> > I installed gcc, Binutils, Bison, gawk using Synaptic.
> > For make i had source code, so i tried building it.
> > The configure script is showing some warnings, but no errors.
> > I am pasting only the lines showing errors.
> >

> make is not installed, try to install it using apt-get install make .
>
> try also installing build-essential package, since it provides lot of
> development related tools..
>

> br,
> --
> Eero

Dear Eero,

Thank you for the help, installed both make and build-essentials.
Just wanted to ask why was I not able to compile the make-3.81 source code and how did using apt-get resolve the problem.

Thanking you,
Prakhar Gaur
Student, Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics,
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology,
Biotech Park
Bangalore 560 100
India.