Re: Rebuilding RAID 1 Array in Linux with a new hard disk after a disk fault - Howto with screen shots

On Thu, June 17, 2010 10:17, Michal wrote:
> On 16/06/2010 19:00, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
>> Just do "ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/". The disks will have factory labels
>> with serial-numbers to match.
>>

> This is a better way then disconnecting the drive and checking which
> drive was disconnected like I did, but I would still put a very easy to
> read label on the drive to say /dev/sdX. It would be far easier then
> checking a long serial number, especially if it's hard to read and you'd
> need to take each HDD out to check :)

Excellent, thank you both, this seems like the fastest/best way.
Backups and RAID is one thing, but they're both useless if you can't
recover :)

Kind regards,
Steven

PS. I hope I fixed the duplicate mail issue now.

--
Rarely do people communicate; they just take turns talking.