Re: Backups - was: Re: LVM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:05:56 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 June 2010 08:41:03 Camaleón wrote:
>> El 2010-06-15 a las 22:58 +0100, Lisi escribió:
>>
>> (resending to the list)
>
> Sorry.  I debated whether to send it to you or the list, and decided
> that it was OT for the list since I was commenting on a specific
> sentence of your that wasn't strictly germane to the subject of the
> thread.

No problem. Many people send the replies to me directly and I am not sure
whether if they are full aware of that (intentionally off-list) or this
is just the famous Gmail's webmail "non-reply-to-list-but-sender"
error :-)

>> > On Tuesday 15 June 2010 19:44:33 Camaleón wrote:
>> I thought we were just taking/focusing about backup strategies and not
>> about other limitations derived by the type of user.
>
> We were.  Which is why I thought that a reply to your:

> was OT on the list.

Was maybe OT... but I asked you why you were so reluctant to use
differential backups on her computer. I couldn't understand "why" because
today backup tasks are just "point-and-click", I mean, they are easier to
achieve than any image generation of the whole disk, so they are suitable
even for many non-savvy users :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón