Re: how execute command on every mail received

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 05:33:47PM +0800, paragasu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if there is a simple SMTP deamon.
> This deamon will execute a specific command on every email received.
>
> I have a PHP program that will parse the email and
> send SMS to specific mobile phone number thereafter.

I use a rudimentary perl script based on Net::POP3 and Email::Filter
to download and sort my messages from a POP3 mailbox.

Similar code could also be placed in a forward file, i.e. launched
the same was as procmail, for every mail delivered.

Perl can easily call a PHP script to finish handling
the mail. Or you may be able to rewrite that part of
your PHP script in Perl.

Will post my script if you are interested.

HTH

Joel