Re: problem with AC 97 sound chip

On 6/15/2010 9:55 PM, H.S. wrote:
On 15/06/10 09:43 PM, Long Wind wrote:
I have etch with kernel 2.6
The onboard ac 97 chip does not work
lsmod shows intel 810 modules loaded
sound controls in application appear to be working
but there's no sound
(the sound chip work in kernel 2.4 in sarge)

I think I also have ac97 chip and the sound works great (alsa and pulse
audio). This is on an Intel P4B motherboard. I haven't done anything
special though. Running 2.6.32 kernel. Here are my snd modules and lspci
info (if this is similar as yours, let me know if you need more info):

There are quite a few different chipa that are all "AC97".