Re: Backups - was: Re: LVM

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 19:09:28 Ron Johnson wrote:
> *Teach* her.  She's in Uni, correct?  Thus, she should be
> responsible enough to take care of her own data by sticking in a USB
> drive and running a script.

Two people divided by a common language....

No, she's at school, where school in this case means an establishment for
children from 3 to 18.  In American terms (so far as I can work it out) she
is in grade 8.

And yes, she needs to learn to administer her own computer.  And will.  But
_I_ don't want her to lose her journal, and I want to minimise the length of
time it would take me to restore her (elderly) laptop to its present state!

Lisi