Re: Building minimal custom CD [debian etch]

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Ravi Roy <ravi.aroy@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 07:46:43PM +0530, Ravi Roy wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am new to Linux, have some basic undderstanding to Debian Linux..
> scripting etc. What I want to achieve is :
>
> 1.Build a customized minimal Debian bootable.
> 2.Customize package add some additional packages.

Live media (runs from RAM)? If so, look into Debian Live:
http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/ . However it's not supported with
Etch, IIRC.

Thanks Tzafrir for quick reply,

Customized instalaltion? Look into preseeding.

I am not sure, I only need to resize the root partition with in an automated way.
That is all I need.

> Boot a already installed debian system and reszie root partion to bigger
> size (without user interaction and reboot the machine).

Boot with any system contanting parted or whatever. Many "rescue" CDs
have e.g. gparted.

Why Etch?

Not Etch specifically, if any "Rescue CD" can do this.

Thanks.

--

Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir@jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il |                    | a Mutt's