Building minimal custom CD [debian etch]

Hello List,

I am new to Linux, have some basic undderstanding to Debian Linux.. scripting etc. What I want to achieve is :

1.Build a customized minimal Debian bootable.
2.Customize package add some additional packages.

Boot a already installed debian system and reszie root partion to bigger size (without user interaction and reboot the machine).

Could somebody give me pointers in the right direction where can I have look and achieve the same ?

Thanks!

Regards,
-RR