Re: LVM

Gerald C.Catling:

> I am not a Debian user but I have seen references to LVM here.
> I have 3 drives LVM'd to give me 1.3TB of storage space on my server.

That was a bad idea. You have no control over or knowledge of which data
went on which drive in this setup. When one disk dies, your whole
filesystem is hosed.

> The first drive of this set has died.

Ouch.

> I was wondering if any of you Guru's could suggest a method of getting any
> remaing data from the LVM drives, that is drive 2 and 3, that are left.

You can try the usual data rescue tools like photorec from the testdisk
package.

> I have tried rebuilding the set, wg0, but the system want to reformat the
> drive wg0, just created.

That was another bad idea. If you want to restore data from bad
filesystems, you should not write to them anymore.

J.
--
My clothes aren't just fashion. They're a lifestyle.
[Agree]   [Disagree]