Dimmed GDM

Hi all,

I recently installed Squeeze from the last week weekly snapshot and it is up-to-date. It is installed on a laptop and the strange thing is that when GDM starts it is dimmed to lowest level of LCD brightness. After logging in the brightness is changed to its maximum if on AC power. The only thing I can remember which may have affected the installation is that when installing I was on battery power. What packages may have been affected by that which cause GDM to be dimmed?

Thanks,
Nima