Re: Using HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 with Debian Lenny

Daniel Bareiro put forth on 6/12/2010 12:41 PM:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm doing tests with a brand new HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 I plan to use
> with Bacula on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny.
>
> The tape autoloader is connected to a PC through an HP Smart Array P212
> card. It is HP's entry level PCI Express Serial Attached SCSI RAID
> controller.
>
> In these initial tests I intend to make the autoloader and the drive to
> recognize commands sent using mtx and mt, respectively.
>
> However, in the operating system I'm only seeing the tape drive, but not
> the autochanger:
>
> backup:~# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: ATA      Model: ST3160211AS      Rev: 3.AA
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 05

This is a Seagate SATA disk drive:
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2ab099f4fa74c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD&locale=en-US

You're apparently not seeing any component of the tape library unless there
are other entries in /proc/scsi/scsi which you did not share.

--
Stan