Re: ftp.us.debian.org really slow/nonresponsive

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2010 11:49:33 Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

> I suggest cdn.debian.net for the official archive and security.geo.debian.org
> for the security archive.  Both are GeoIP-based to find the closest mirror to
> you, although cdn goes an extra step and also takes into account how up-to-
> date and heavily-loaded the mirror is.
>
> Details: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror

What's the main interesting of using a server which is as near as
possible from you, actually? (Except if this is to divide the total
number of potential downloaders into well-known parts that are only
slightly modified, because people do not have the habit to modify their
habits.)

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.