Re: Trouble upgrading to evince 2.30.1-3

Peter Tenenbaum wrote:
I did try aptitude update; no luck, I'm still at 2.30.1-2.

-PT

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Peter Tenenbaum <quarkpt@gmail.com <mailto:quarkpt@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I'm trying to upgrade evince to 2.30.1-3, which has a fix for a
    segfault bug in the version I have now (2.30.1-2).� Unfortunately,
    when I use aptitude, it stubbornly insists that 2.30.1-2 is the
    latest version and can't find the 2.30.1-3 version.� I have the
    following line in /etc/apt/sources.list:

    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main

    Is there something that I have to do other than aptitude install
    evince?� (I guess obviously so, since that doesn't work!).

    Thanks in advance for any advice,

Install package "gdebi" from your repos and then download evince http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=evince and then just click on the evince package that you downloaded, gdebi will install it plus any depends.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Squeeze at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263