crash analysis?

Hi Folks,

My system is doing something funny, where it seems to be crashing once a day, and there's not enough in my logs to figure out what's going on when it crashes.

It looks like most of what I find about crash logging tools (by googling) is about 5 years old, so..... can anybody offer more recent suggestions as to logging settings to change, tools to install, and so forth for capturing and analyzing crash events under Debian (running Lenny).

Thanks much,

Miles Fidelman